I had the “fish” shaped zinc and found the wire corrodes and breaks off right
above the zinc.

For the past 10+ years have been getting shaft zincs from Boatzincs.com which
are milspec.   They are more expensive than other sources for zincs, but after
getting some pink “fire” of de-zincification on an old prop switched to Boat
Zincs.  They also seem to last longer than the cheaper ones from Defender [from
China] or WM.

https://www.boatzincs.com/hanging_anode_zinc.html    Also more expensive, but
considerably less than a new prop…

Just make certain whatever you clip a hanging zinc to is well grounded to the
boat.

Brian