<https://www.atkinshoyle.com/products/Single-Frame-Boat-Hatch/Single-Frame-B
oat-Hatch/Model-550.html#Gallery-2>
https://www.atkinshoyle.com/products/Single-Frame-Boat-Hatch/Single-Frame-Bo
at-Hatch/Model-550.html#Gallery-1

My Atkins & Hoyle hatch in the head has developed a leak between the
aluminum frame and the deck.  Have tried various sealants which all have
failed mainly because they lose adhesion to the vertical aluminum surface.
Cannot figure out how to remove the frame so I can clean it and reseal (with
butyl?).  There are no visible flanges.  It is a tight fit to the hole cur
in the deck.  Has anyone had similar issues?  Is there a flange on the frame
that is sealed to the underside of the deck?  Is it just glued in with
plexus or similar?  All thoughts welcomed

John Read

Legacy III

1982 C&C 34

Noank, CT

Don't forget to show your appreciation and help pay the bills.  Make a
contribution at:
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
Thanks for your help.