True, but it's all in concentration. Too much and yes, you will eat through
your keelbolts. Just a tiny bit, and you will kill the nasty stuff that
grows in there. I once put a chlorine pellet in one of my strainers, and it
it ate Holes through the stainless steel strainer . Having said all that,
when I first got my 39, I decided to get all of the mildew out of it and
took everything out of the boat, nice mixture of Tide, chlorine and
ammonia, sprayed it all around, power washed it, rinsed it and sucked it
out. If a little bit of cleaner is good, a lot is better right,? I'm lucky
to be alive. Little did I know then that ammonia and chlorine creates
mustard gas! Live and learn!

Bill Coleman

Thanks for your help.
Stu