From: Randy Stafford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Cc: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>; Randy Stafford
<randal.staff...@icloud.com>
Sent: Wed, Apr 5, 2023 5:32 pm
Subject: Stus-List Re: Listers in North Carolina?

Hi Chuck,

Yes, we saw a bunch of kiteboarders and windsurfers on the sound side of
Hatteras near Avon.  We were there during a gale warning - the ferries even
shut down.

Regarding the boom, I looked on Selden’s website for dealers in the US and
contacted a half-dozen of them.  I learned that shipping a new boom to Colorado
was going to cost me $1K (yes, seriously).  Meanwhile I already had a
three-week trip planned with my travel trailer to the Florida panhandle (St.
George Island State Park, fantastic place), St. Augustine where a race week was
happening coincidentally, Charleston, the Outer Banks, and home via Nashville
and Lake of the Ozarks.  Omar Sails in New Bern, NC is a Selden dealer and was
one of the half-dozen I contacted.  Craig Beavers there was by far the most
responsive and helpful of all the dealers I contacted.  He told me there is a
Selden manufacturing site in Charleston, and confirmed I could pick up the boom
there myself and transport it home in my travel trailer (which has 24’ finished
space).  So I ordered the boom from Craig, and stopped at Selden about a week
ago and met the guys who built it, and we stuffed it into my trailer.  It was
an obvious and easy way to save $1K in shipping.

Annapolis was not on the itinerary for this trip, but thanks for the offer!

Cheers,
Randy

Thanks for your help.
Stu