From: andrew--- via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2023 12:07:21 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: and...@apwengineering.com <and...@apwengineering.com>
Subject: Stus-List 33-2 Spinnaker Track on Mast

Good day everyone!

Here is a follow up to my thread on getting Tryfan setup for symmetrical…

https://cnc-list.com/empathy/thread/ZTKX7WZTWTNJOHJJ2QF6BBSIOE6ZBGXE

First of all - confession - I did something stupid :-(

I purchased 1.25” T-Track and while mounting I realized I was drilling (and
tapping) into plastic cover for slot extrusion on the front of the mast. I did
end up putting all 21 screws and will work OK in very light to light air but
need to redo the work to make solid.

I suspect this is the “Z-Spar” mast (did a little research) and that the
extruded slot on the front of the mast will accept some sort of car for the
inboard end of the pole.

So as far as I can see my options are as follows:

  1.  Track down a car (and hardware) that will fit in the slot (this would
likely need blocks with cleats as well

  2.  Figure out a way to mount the T track with spacers, so I can actually
drill / tap into the mast. I read something about an inset, but could only be
mounted when the mast is down (don’t want to do that). What about teflon
spacers that are the thickness of the depth of the slot that I could slide up
from the bottom of the track - 1 for each screw, and just have longer screws?

Anybody been down this road before have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andy

Thanks for your help.
Stu