Hello,

A while ago someone on this list talked about a simple (and inexpensive) tool
that could be used as the third hand when tensioning the V-belt.

The normal problem is that you need, really, three hands: two to hold the
alternator in position, preferable with help of some lever, and the third to
tighten the bolt that holds it. That tool was supposed to allow the procedure
to be completed single-handedly.

I think that the tool was from McMaster-Carr, or Harbor Freight, or some
similar outlet.

I tried to find it searching through Google, but to no avail. In the end, I
used the 3rd and 4th hand (of a helpful friend), but I'd like to be able to do
it on my own.

Could someone point me to this implement?

Thanks

Marek

1994 c270 "Legato"
Ottawa, ON