Hello Yanmar 3GM owners,
I need to replace the U-type mixing elbow and exhaust elbow assembly on my 3GM
20hp.  If this topic has been discussed here previously, my apologies -- I
attempted a search of the archives but not sure I am conducting the search
correctly.
There seems to be debate about stainless steel vs cast iron and welded SS vs
cast SS.  There is a complete SS kit at https://hdimarine.net/product/gm-kit/
that appears to be high quality and reasonably priced (for a boat part...).  I
will be grateful for any advice on source for the exhaust elbow/mixing elbow
and cast iron vs SS vs cast SS.  Also, advice regarding the replacement job as
I will do this myself.  Thanks.
Jeff Laman
1981 C&C34 Harmony
Ludington, MI