Joe,
After saying that my boat has the full keel I’ll second Richard’s comments
with the following additions:
First and most importantly, the 37’s are delightfully spritely and quick.
:-)  They are a bit the performance sedan (BMW, etc.) of their era. And
comfy, too. So, what seems to have been traded off for that? As there isn’t
much flotation from the shallow, aft hull-form, cockpit occupancy and stern
weight affect performance, especially upwind. Not that it has ever felt
unsafe for my use. The fairly aft fuel tank could be bigger (and placed
differently) if much motoring is necessary - in the PNW low wind and tidal
currents often rule. The engine compartment size limits choices if
re-enginning is necessary. Likewise, the steering gear space seems
awkwardly tight. I’m sure I can think of more quibbles but they’re even
deeper in the realm of what compromises one makes.
;-)
All the best,
… and have fun with it all
Hans R