I used to own a 29 mk1 with the shallow draft keel sailed out of Oakville. When
I retired I moved my sailing to the North Channel a used Cradle Shop trailer
was purchased. The professional modifications did not match the hull as they
“forgot” that it was not the regular racing keel, sigh. All was resolved.
I trailered the 9 hour drive with a 3500 rated for 10,000 lb.
The significant argh was making the application for the Ministry of Transport
Wide Load Permit. Our regular legal width limit is just over 8’. The CC29 mk1
is around 10’. Wide load banners and flags were mounted. The tail lights were
changed. An rear end extendable and removable light cross bar was built. The
corners of the bar had the lights and flags providing clarity about the boat
width and length. The widest beam and long points are high up and easy to miss.
I pondered the mast carry; low on the trailer or high on the boat. I went with
on the boat so that I could have some significant overhang forward and less
overhang aft.  A key measurement mount was the height above ground. The MOT
ensured that the bridges on my route would clear the bridges.  A six inch
lowering of the mast mount was required, just clearing the coach roof. I almost
forgot when fuelling the truck. Some gas stations have low shelter roofs LOL.
DonMy  C&C exCC24 JoyCC29 mk1 LifeViking 34 Fidusen

Don

On Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 10:17 AM, Karl Kuzis via CnC-List