For crying out loud, Richard, You've got to take some calipers to the boat
and measure the od of the threads, and take a rule and measure the threads
per inch, and the number per millimeter - C&C had both metric and inch on
these boats. Failing that, take some pictures and  take the nut to a
machine shop. Did you get the picture I sent you of the top of my rudder?
Most bearing nuts will be in millimeters, as this
https://www.skf.com/group/products/rolling-bearings/accessories/lock-nuts/integral-locking
and the one shown here is not beefy enough for what you need.
Too bad I didn't keep my buddy's bent C&C37 Rudder.

Bill Coleman

Thanks for your help.
Stu