I purchased a 1975 C&C 33 Mk 1 named Grand Cru last October and am making my
way through repairs. Harken Ocean Mk IV furler, new backstay (no hydraulics),
new pex, new port lights…etc

One thing that looks odd to me is the boom angle. On my last boat, the angle
between Main and boom was pretty much 90 degrees. My C&C 33 looks to be 95 or
so. When you look at it from  midship, the stern end of the boom is lower than
the gooseneck. I’m thinking my setup is off, especially my very old main.

What is a typical 30 foot C&C boom angle?

Peter Baxter
s/v Grand Cru
C&C 31 Mk 1
Thanks for your help.