Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Scott Henson" <shen...@redhat.com>
> Para: cobb...@lists.fedorahosted.org, cobbler-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org
> Enviados: Miércoles, 22 de Diciembre 2010 17:52:38
> Asunto: New templating language and support for EL4
> I'm considering a move off of Cheetah as the templating language for
> Cobbler. I am personally leaning towards django or jinja(1 or 2
> depending on the EL4 discussion). I would like to know opinions people
> have on if we should move and what we should move to.
>
> Additionally, I'm considering if we should continue to explicitly
> support EL4 for running Cobbler on. This would be due to the fact that
> many of the really nice templating languages are just not supported on
> the version of python that EL4 runs. We would continue to support
> running koan on EL4 (in fact I think we will still run all the way
> back
> to AS2.1). Are there people that are still running Cobbler on EL4?

I plan to run cobbler on EL4 while we migrate over EL5, but it depends on being
able to get RH's httpd instead of user provided apache 1.3.1.  Not sure about
deadline, but if finally proceed, we'll be migrating over EL5 during next year.

One of the problems we've is the templating part of pxelocal.template which
doesn't uses pxe_menu_items to render file (on cobbler list).

Regards
Pablo

--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (pablo.ira...@redhat.com)
Senior Global Profesional Services Consultant (RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCE,