On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:15:17 -0500, Andrew Rankin <and...@eiknet.com> wrote:
> For your consideration:
>
> Added --sync-all option to cobbler replicate which forces all systems,
> distros, profiles, repos and images to be synced without specifying
> each individually.   I find this quite useful when trying to
> completely mirror one cobbler installation to another backup machine
> in a HA situation.

I don't think this will end up syncing any metadata across. I don't see
where it actually transfers anything. I would think you would have to
put in an else after the 'if not self.sync_all' that sets must include
on everything so that it gets synced across.

I'd also put in a --clobber to overwrite data on the local (slave) side
if you are doing this for a complete mirror. This would ignore the ctime
on entries and pull over the data regardless. That would cause cobblerd
to do more work, but ensure that you are an exact copy of the remote
(master) side.

--
Scott Henson
Red Hat CIS Operator