I do not know how to install these patches.  My cobbler install was done with
RPM's

I looked at the code changes and I have some questions and suggestions.

You made a new "remote_name" parameter, and if I read the code properly
(cobbler/utils.py lines 1367-1369), it is set to the local repo name by
default.  How about a slight modification to that default action that prepends
"cobbler-" the name if it is rhn-breed ?  Like Greg's suggested code snippet.

My concern is that I do not see where the name is getting into the yum-conf
files that are generated by yum_repo_stanza and/or
http://@@server@@/cblr/svc/op/yum/system/<FQDN>

A pointer, please ?

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in
the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)