On Sunday 23 February 2014 17:13:11 Jörgen Maas wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just finished some work on packaging Cobbler for multiple distro's and
> versions.
> This work is targeted on 2.5.0 (master) which will be the 2.6.0 release
> rather soonish.
>
> There are currently packages for:
> - CenOS 6
> - RHEL 6
> - Fedora 18, 19, 20
> - openSUSE 12.3, 13.1, Factory

I just tried to install the opensuse 13.1 rpm into a a freshly setup opensuse
13.1 minimal server installation. I had much less problems than i expected.
Most parts seem to work. Its now up and running, just finished importing the
opensuse 13.1 dvd. tomorrow i will check to setup and install some vms with
koan to see if it works. I am not a power user though.

But judging from my problems back in October the problems were minimal this
time. So my patches improved stuff and i have seen someone else contributed
some fixes for opensuse too.

I will contribute a README.SUSE that details the necessary steps to activate
cobbler after installing it. Just for reference (and others trying this) the
steps i had to do:

    # Starting point is opensuse 13.1 minimal server configuration
    uninstall patterns-openSUSE-minimal_base-conflicts

    # install cobbler and cobbler-web from repo
    zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/libertas-ict:/cobbler-master/openSUSE_13.1/
 cobbler-master
    zypper install cobbler cobbler-web

    # Enable mod_version (Usage has to be wrapped in ifmodule mod_version btw)
    a2enmod mod_version
    a2enmod mod_socache_shmcb

    # Enable and setup a development ssl localhost
    a2enmod ssl     # Not sure if this is needed.
    a2enflag SSL

    # configure ssl host (edit and adapt , hostname for example)
    cp /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vhost-ssl.template /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vhost-
ssl.conf

   # WARNING: this creates the minimal certificate neeeded with the minimal
amount of configuration possible (none)
    gensslcert

   # WARNING: firewall was up. either configure it or put it down
   SuSEfirewall2 stup

   # Configure cobble
   /etc/cobbler/settings -> servername

   systemctl start apache2
   systemctl start cobblerd

That stuff should go into a README.SUSE because its not allowed to do anything
of that in the post installation step. User has to do it manually.

Mike

--
Michael Jansen
http://michael-jansen.biz