Triggers do indeed run on the server on which they are invoked (in this
case the cobbler server).

Since they can be any system executable you are left to your imagination
as to what you can actually do. Don't want it to be python, fine, invoke
perl.

You're wget example is not quite right... it's the cobbler server that
kicks off the trigger (AFAIK) so I'm not sure doing a wget will get you
want you want. But maybe I'm wrong.

--Harry