On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Gerhardus Geldenhuis
<gerhardus.geldenh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have a strange situation. A few servers in our infrastructure has a
> different gateway than the rest and when I create the server in cobbler I
> set this gateway as I want it configured in afterwards. However this caused
> the build to fail as this ip/network does not support dhcp and building of
> the server won't work using this different gateway.
> One way of fixing this would be to add some additional if statements to the
> network snippets.
> Does anyone else have a similar problem and suggestions for solutions?
> Regards

A few months back, we modified the pre-install network snippet to add
routes during the installation phase based on the static_routes field
for each interface. It will execute "ip route add" commands during the
%pre phase, which should allow you to add routes back to your cobbler
server while keeping the default gateway on your other interfaces.

This is available in cobbler 2.2, but even if you're using an older
version you should be able to either create your own snippet for %pre
or grab the upstream file (pre_install_network_config) from the git
repository.