OK, I got the latest source and made the rpms
# ls
cobbler-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm      koan-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
cobbler-web-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm

My cobbler installation is running on a centos5.7 system
# rpm -qa | grep -i cobbler
cobbler-web-2.2.1-1.el5
cobbler-2.2.1-1.el5

can I blindly upgrade those packages with the 2.3.1, or should I do something before ? where is the cobbler "database", config files , settings that I should care about before upgrade ?
is there an upgrade page recommendation ? I found that related:
https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/wiki/Relocating%20Your%20Install
but I'am afraid of bracking our installation by upgrading with a simple yum localinstall cobbler*2.3.1*, should I ?

Thanks.