On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 17:35, James Cammarata <j...@sngx.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Orion Poplawski <or...@cora.nwra.com>
> wrote:
> > On 03/12/2012 12:17 PM, Jörgen Maas wrote:
> >>
> >> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Orion Poplawski <or...@cora.nwra.com
> >> <mailto:or...@cora.nwra.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >>    Could be the old python
> >>

> >> this is happening on both rhel 5 and 6, right?
> >> so that would be python 2.4 and 2.6... somehow that seems a bit
> unlikely.
> >>
> >> hmmm strange.
> >

> > My server is quite old and slow (dual Xeon Type 0, Family 15, Model 2,
> > Stepping 4 2GHz).  Perhaps others just don't notice with fancy new
> hardware
> > :).
>
> Could the cause of this be the fact that the session is timing out and
> the ajax script is sitting there repeatedly hammering the XMLRPC
> server due to a bad return code?

It might not hurt to test with a newer version of jQuery.  upstream is at
1.6.2, and I don't know enough to know how likely it is to have maintained
compatibility.

That being said, I'm rather surprised I don't see the same problem here
considering I have a similar work flow and my cobbler server is just a
small virtual (well 8cpu, 2GB ram)