I might be misreading the links.

Our main DHCP server knows nothing about Cobbler, and we don't run
a dhcpd on the Cobbler host.
we use Cobbler to server the /pxelinux.0 (and associated gubbins) and the
rest of the kickstart stack
and just set next-server in the main DHCP server config
(which we don't control) to point at the Cobbler TFTP host.

That works fine; am I misunderstanding your setup (I'm still stocking up
on coffee)?