Hello!

Several days ago, I downloaded cobbler from github and 'make install'ed it. I then played around with doing this

http://blog.milford.io/2012/03/getting-a-basic-cobbler-server-going-on-centos/

...but it seems focused on an older version of Cobbler, and I have not had success in getting logged in to the cobbler_web interface. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Next, I restored the cobbler_web.conf file that my cobbler build produced, and reran htdigest according to the Cobbler wiki instructions at

https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/wiki/Cobbler%20web%20interface

I have not added any distros or repos or other content yet to the cobbler implementation on this machine.

I then attempted to log in to the web interface for the first time. I was able to enter my username and password with no trouble, but it died at this screen (only a part of which is shown):

That directory ( /var/lib/cobbler/webui_sessions ) is owned by root.root. I assume it needs to be owned by apache.root. Is this correct?

Does the entire directory tree starting at /var/lib/cobbler have to be owned by apache.root?

Thanks!

Bob Cochran