On 07/10/2012 02:06 PM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would like to bootstrap VirtualBox virtual machines on desktop
> computers. Hosts (desktops) are mainly Windows computers, and guests
> will be CentOS 5 and CentOS 6.
>
> Idea is to set bridge interface in VirtualBox, so that VM guest has
> access on same network range as hosts.
>
> Problem is that range (for example of this argument) - 192.168.0.0/24
> already has Windows DHCP server on it.
>
> Now I wonder if it would be possible to use Cobbler in this situation,
> and would two DHCP servers collide if they broadcast on same network
> segment? Any ideas if this is possible?
>
> Thank you.

There should not be any reason why you can't modify the windows dhcp
server for the addresses you want, make reservations in the windows DHCP
server for the mac addresses of your server, set the next-server for the
reservation to point to the cobbler server and set the filename to
pxelinux.0 (assuming BIOS here).

I haven't done it myself, and Microsoft being Microsoft, there may be
some weirdness in there, but it is in theory entirely reasonable.

-Erinn