Okay, so I changed the snippet to be after the %pre instead of before.  Now
it's giving me an interactive prompt asking if I want to use the entire
drive or just the free space.  It also only lists sdb and sdc.

However, when I did autopart, all four drives showed up.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Corey Kovacs <corey.kov...@gmail.com>wrote:

> install anaconda on a running machine....
>
> /usr/share/anaconda/list-harddrives-stub
>
> The "set" in the partitioning snippet is not a cheetah macro command, it's
> a shell command. The partitioning snippet gets executed as a %pre section
> in the kickstart.
>
> -C
>

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Bai Shen <baishen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried doing that and it says that set is not a recognized command.  I
>> put a # in front like I did for the other set and now it can't find the
>> kickstart file.  Not sure if it's related or not.
>>
>> Also, how do you run list-harddrives-stub manually?  It doesn't show up
>> as a command on my system.
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Corey Kovacs <corey.kov...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> If you install anaconda and run list-harddrives-stub manually, you'll
>>> see what it's doing.
>>>
>>> Basically, it returns something like this.
>>> sda 1907729.08594
>>> sdb 1907729.08594
>>> sdc 1907729.08594
>>>
>>> the set $(list-harddrives) bit of code, assigns these values to the $1
>>> $2 $3 ... variables. So when you need to refer to the drives in the
>>> partitioning snippet code, you can just refer to the first drive and $d1,
>>> then second as $d2 etc.
>>>
>>> Remember to escape the "$" in the snippet tho..
>>>
>>> for example the snippet code would look like this....
>>> set \$(list-harddrives)
>>> let numd=\$#/2 # Number of harddrives
>>> d1=\$1 # Device for first drive
>>> d2=\$3 # Device for first drive