Hey all, just wanted to send out a quick update on the project status.

The release24 branch has been receiving patches, and is alpha quality.
I'm looking for more users to check it out and give it a test. One of
the biggest holdups to this release is the documentation. The 2.2.3
manual will need to be forked and updated with all of the new features
in 2.4.0, such as:

* Dynamic settings - no more needing to restart cobblerd when changing settings.
* Better debian/ubuntu support (better preseed, more snippet support, etc.)
* Support for bonded bridge interfaces (useful for virtual hosts)
* OpenVZ support as a virtualization type
* Web GUI improvements
* Alpha support for MySQL as an alternate storage backend

And probably a few more that I'm forgetting. So, if you're familiar
with any of these features, take a look at the docs repo - any help
updating the docs would be appreciated. Right now, a lot of the pages
content was essentially just copied from the wiki, so there is a lot
of cleanup left to do. Once the manual is forked, we're going to have
to do that in two places, so it'll be easier to tackle now before we
fork it.

There are two primary goals on my road map right now:

1. Work towards adding support for IaaS platforms like OpenStack,
Eucalyptus, etc.
2. Improve unit testing and continuous integration testing with Jenkins.

Both of these goals require some dedicated hardware, so to help fund
those goals I have created an Indiegogo campaign:

http://www.indiegogo.com/cobbler24

This will be the only time I mention this on the mailing list, but I
will put it up on the project home page and mention it via twitter. So
any help in getting the word out will of course be greatly
appreciated.

Overall, I think the project has been moving in a positive direction,
and the last 6 months have flown by since taking over as maintainer.
Any comments or other feedback are always welcome. Thanks!