James Clendenan <james.clendenan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Which versions of Windows  are you looking at using?
> Pre Windows Vista are very different than post.  Also server was a bit
different than the client versions.

> Are you currently doing any imaging with WAIK?
>
> Are you imaging/cloneing the systems, or doing a from scratch install.
 Cobbler is good for the later, other systems like FOG/Clonezilla/Ghost may be
better for the former.

> James
>
> ps, I'm tempted to try my hand at building up a windows vista/7 pxe installer,
more for my dev lab, as I hate installing windows over and over again but it's
the only way to test a couple of things.  Would anyone else be interested in
collaborating?

> On 2011-09-21, at 10:35 AM, <Janet.Conkle <at> afscn.com> <Janet.Conkle <at>
afscn.com> wrote:

> Has anyone been successful in installing windows using cobbler?  I’ve found a
few things on the net but nothing definitive.  I need a tool that will install
baseline images on lab boxes of both the linux and Windows flavors.

> Janet Conkle
>
> ETG
>
> x5343

Hi,

  I want to install windows 2008 server from scratch with Cobbler is it
possible? if yes, can any1 share the steps?