[...]
> They are there to support that breed/os-version for images
> only, cobbler does not support them as distros.

I have found this after more digging into the mailing list archive
during lunch break:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cobbler@lists.fedorahosted.org/msg08139.html

It does look quite tempting ;-)  My search of the mailing list archive
shows a lot discussions, but few consensuses how to do such
deployments optimally.

[...]
> In 2.4.0, you will be able to get a list of supported
> distros/os-versions by running the command "cobbler
> signature report". That will be in the beta3 RPM, which I should
> get pushed out this weekend.

Great! To epel-testing?  I will upgrade. If I don't see it, then git pull
origin && rpmbuild

> Looking at codes.py in the older versions is the only other
> way to get that info.

Regards,