> I have a cronjob that downloads the latest packages from Oracle's repository
> once a week. This local repository is not handled
> by Cobbler but one could essentially run "yum update" against it. How can I
> set up Cobbler to install new machines and pull
> down these latest packages instead of the DVD tree? One option is to install
> against the DVD tree and then run yum update, but
> I'd rather kill two birds with one stone.

[BP:] Assuming that you are doing 'run yum update' manually today, you can
eliminate the manual step by writing a cobbler snippet (which sets up a yum
repo pointing to your Oracle repo and calls the yum update) and using it in a
kickstart file in the post install step. Assign the kickstart file to the
Cobbler profile that you are using to install new machines. After that, any new
machine that you provision will automatically get the latest packages.

Hope that helps.
Balaji