On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Orion Poplawski <or...@cora.nwra.com>wrote:

> On 09/12/2013 01:32 PM, Robert Joseph wrote:
>
>> anyone have suggestions for getting the OS to successfully reread the
>> partition table on a disk with an already mounted partition?
>>

> I think that's a no go.  Can you unmount the mounted partitions first and
> then remount?

no, the mounted partition is where the os is running.

i'm pretty sure this is possible, i've seen some references to addpart or
dmsetup, but i'm having trouble determining the correct incantation.

-r

> --
> Orion Poplawski
> Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
> NWRA/CoRA Division                    FAX: 303-415-9702
> 3380 Mitchell Lane                  or...@cora.nwra.com
> Boulder, CO 80301              http://www.cora.nwra.com

robert joseph, (m) 415-516-0548
production operations @ foursquare
foursquare is hiring! foursquare.com/jobs