On 08/12/2014 03:36 PM, Jennifer Patrick wrote:
Hiya.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way via the API, or how to show-horn it into the web-interface, to enable cobbler to set a pxe boot flag on a system. Currently in cobbler we can do the equivalent of:

ipmitool -H 1.2.3.4 -U USER -P PASS chassis power on
ipmitool -H 1.2.3.4 -U USER -P PASS chassis power off

for powering on/off...

But can we enable a way to do:
ipmitool -H 1.2.3.4 -U USER -P PASS chassis bootdev pxe   ?

That would allow us to flag systems for booting off the network interface upon the next reboot, and that way, we don't always have to have the network device set as the first boot device in the bios. (The method that we currently use)

It should work. We will probably implement the same thing soon. The only diff is we will support x86 and Power architectures.

You can run this ipmi command automatically when user restarts the system (easier for user) or you can create a new option in web UI.

Regards,
Alan Evangelista