Hi all:

Mark Peterson, Brad Steger, and I did a whirlwind loop today, starting in Bent
Co., heading east to Lamar, south to Springfield, west to Trinidad, and north
to Walsenburg, where we ran out of light.? Highlights:

White-winged Dove (with Eurasian Collared-Doves; found by MP) along JJ Road
near Ft. Lyon, Bent Co.

Male Red-bellied Woodpecker at the north end of Willow Creek Park (nicely
obliged for great photos!), Lamar, Prowers Co.

Singing male Northern Cardinal, calling Red-bellied Woodpecker, and Brown
Thrasher at south end of woodlot at Lamar Community College

Golden Eagle hunting over the south side of the Two Buttes, Baca Co.

Hermit Thrush (probably of one of the small, western lowland subspecies; found
by TL) and Ladder-backed Woodpecker below the dam at Two Buttes SWA

Lots of Pine Siskins at the se corner of Kim, Las Animas Co.

Adult male Red-naped Sapsucker (found by TL) on Oak St.. between 7th and 8th in
se Trinidad, Las Animas Co.

Two Rusty Blackbirds (male, female; found by BS) on sw corner of Horseshoe
Lake, Lathrop SP, Huerfano Co. -- Brad's find may very well account for the
first county record

Interestingly, and very disappointingly, we saw nary a gull all day!

Enjoy,

Tony Leukering
Villas, NJ