The DFO group came to Pueblo today.  Charles Thornton-Kolbe led two car
loads of birders from the Denver Area, and a few other birders from Colorado
Springs and the Pueblo Area also joined in.  We birded the Sunset Park
subdivision in Pueblo, then Pueblo City Park, Pueblo Reservoir, Rock Canyon,
and Pueblo West.  It was windy (as usual, it seems like), though we found a
lot interesting birds, that have been around off and on this winter.

Here are the highlights:

**

*Sunset Park subdivision:*

White-winged Dove - 50-60

**

*Pueblo Reservoir:*

Greater Scaup - 6

Surf Scoter - 1 female

Barrow's Goldeneye  - male and female

Double-crested Cormorant - 3

Thayer's Gull - 3 juveniles

Lesser Black-backed Gull - 3 adults, 2 first/second year

GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL - 1 first year

Glaucous Gull - 1 first/second year

Great Black-backed Gull - 1 adult

Curve-billed Thrasher - 2

Canyon Towhee - 5

Lapland Longspur - 15

**

*Rock Canyon, below Pueblo Reservoir dam:*

Killdeer - 1

ICELAND GULL - 1 first year

Hairy Woodpecker - 1

Black Phoebe - 1