My sister and I decided to get out and enjoy the weather while we can.
We had a Greater Yellowlegs at Cottonwood Marsh and the hybrid male
teal (Cinnamon/Blue Wing) on Duck Pond.  The hybrid was on Duck Pond
at 3:40 pm  but when we returned about 4:00 it had moved elsewhere.

There appear to be at least 3 or 4 Great Blue Heron nests to the west of the
private
lake.  So we seem to be seeing a new heron rookery starting.  Last year we
could see one definite nest since it was late in the season and trees had
leafed out when we found the nest.

Joyce Takamine
Boulder