Dear CoBirders,

      Pam Wickerd, Roger Sleeper, Eric Defonso and I took a morning trip out
HWY 14 from Fort Collins to Briggsdale/Crow Valley.  A few highlights from
the trip were as follows:

Mountain Plover ~ two merging flocks totaling about 20 individuals on the SE
corner of HWY 14 and WCR 51 approx. 6:30am
Burrowing Owl ~ one on the NE corner of HWY 15 & WCR 51
Golden Eagle ~ 4 from HWY 14 & WCR 51 to Crow Valley and back down WCR 96
McCown's Longspur ~ 15-20 on Murphy's Pasture road & 3 more WCR 57 at 104(?)
Turkey Vulture & Ferrug. Hawk ~ one each at HWY 14 & WCR 69
Rough-legged Hawk ~ one lingering on Murphy's Pasture road
Mountain Bluebird ~ one male in the cedar trees at HWY 14 & WCR 69

We looked for a long-eared owl at Crow Valley but found a Great Horned
instead.

Good birding!
Jessica

--
Jessica Brauch
Fort Collins, CO

"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we
see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love
and respect" ~Aldo Leopold