I saw three Plegadis sp Ibis (FOY) around 10:30 AM today, April 11, at  one
of the "Mile High Duck Club" ponds, reached by taking I-76 northeast from
Denver to the Bromley Lane (exit #23), then east a couple of miles or so,
left  (north) on Gun Club road to a T intersection, then 1/4 mile west to
small lakes  on the north of the road. Parking is not good here. It's likely
that these  distant Ibis were White-faced Ibis, but Glossy Ibis have shown up
in the Barr  Lake area in April and early May and should be looked for when
an Ibis is closer  to the road than these!  Details are in the Adams County
section of  Colorado County web site.
There was a good assortment of ducks to enjoy on Barr Lake and a breeding
plumage Common Loon seen  from the northeast corner, looking due  west.
Joe Roller

PS  Thanks to Larry Semo for finding an Eastern Phoebe (FOY) near Barr
Lake at the Old Stone House today, as that species is a good find in Adams
County. A search a short time later was "no  dice."
recession.