Hello all,

Joe Roller provided some details on birds at Barr Lake today, but I
thought I'd add a few more tidbits. The Board of Directors of CFO had
it's quarterly meeting today and a few of us (myself, Joe, Bill
Schmoker, and Maggie Boswell walked along portions of the lake from
the Nature Center to the dam and had the following of interest:

Greater Scaup - a few (thanks to Joe)
Wood ducks
Bald Eagle - one 2nd-year, one 3rd-year (strange considering the adult
nesting pair at the lake, which usually keep the other eagle riff-raff
out)
Barn Swallows - a few
Western Grebes - 6
Horned Grebes - quite a few
Hairy (mountain) Woodpecker
Pine Siskin - one fly over
EASTERN BLUEBIRD - 1
Marsh Wren - 1
Peregrine Falcon - 1 adult at the RMBO office.

Also, although Joe gave me credit for finding the Eastern Phoene at
pthe RMBO office, I actually believe it was Mark Peterson who first
identified it. The bird was first found at RMBO's Old Stone House at
the north side of the lake, but was later refound along the canal
below the north side of the dam by Doug Faulkner, Lucia Faulkner, and
Lisa Edwards. A lone Swainson's Hawk also soared over the area during
the afternoon.

Larry Semo
Westminster

Sent from my iPhone