I birded for a few hours in Lamar (Prowers) this morning before heading back to
Fort Collins.  Blue sky, wind out of the west, the "weather thing" seemed over
and the birds went with it.

Lamar High School windbreak:
Wilson's Warbler (1m)
*Broad-winged Hawk (1a)  FOS

Riverside Cemetery on Maple Street:
Wood Duck (pair up in an elm)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1)
Wilson's Warbler (1m)  [This bird makes about the 5th in this storm system,
about the total number I usually see in an entire spring.]

Carder Gravel Ponds (private) e of 287 n of Ark. River in north Lamar:
Western Grebe (1)

Ended up with a total of 96 spp. in the area I call "Lamar" with two more,
Burrowing Owl and Loggerhead Shrike, just a mile or so north of my artificial
boundary.  Major misses were Canada Goose, yellowlegs sp. or spp., Great Blue
Heron, Marsh Wren, Lincoln's Sparrow, Song Sparrow, probably others.

Nee Noshe Locust Grove (Kiowa)
Western Kingbird (1)
Loggerhead Shrike (1)
Downy Woodpecker (1 eastern)

Variegated Meadowhawk (2)  FOS

Last Chance (Washington):
*Black-throated Gray Warbler (1m)  FOS
Orange-crowned Warbler (1)
Common Yellowthroat (1m)  FOS
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1)

Highway 14 e of Briggsdale (Weld):
Rough-legged Hawk (1i)  LOS?

Crow Valley CG (Weld):
Great Horned Owl on the nest (Siberian elm se of Group Area restroom hut in the
northwest corner of CG)
McCown's Longspur (heard, fly-over)
Cooper's Hawk (adult m) eating a Eurasian Collared-Dove (Cooper's Hawk is the
winner in the unscientific, anecdotal, citizen-observation poll as to which
raptor has best "discovered" the new entree on the menu)
Sharp-shinned Hawk (1i)  southwest corner juniper
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1)
Not much really, area seemed vacuumed out, trees are still wondering if they
can come out for spring

Crom Lake w of Pierce on CR31 s of CR90:
Marbled Godwit (2)  FOS
Clark's Grebe (1)

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins