Dear Cobirders,
        After attending Christian's excellent DFO Doudy Draw walk this
morning, one that was full of first-of-the-season birds, I headed out
to Pella Crossing to look for the Northern Parula found yesterday
(4/25) by Bob Zilly.  I was initially hesitant to chase this bird
until I heard that the Northern Parula in Larimer County had been re-
located.  It took 45 minutes of searching the large and diffuse flock
of Yellow-rumped Warblers before I managed to relocate the Parula in a
tree above the bathrooms in the western unit of Pella Crossing.  I
watched the bird for about 2 minutes before it flew off west, towards
the creek.  Christian Nunes, Joel and Marcel Such appeared minutes
later and we continued to search for the bird, turning up a Hermit
Thrush, good looks at a hybrid Myrtle-Audubon's Warbler and poor looks
at what has to have been a Virginia's Warbler.  Christian informed me
that there he had just seen a Long-billed Curlew at Lagerman
Reservoir, so I wrapped up my Pella Crossing adventure and headed to
Lagerman.  On the way, a first-of-the-season Yellow-headed Blackbird
flew in front of my car near the Seagate building.  At Lagerman
Reservoir, there were few shorebirds --- fortunately, one of them was
a Long-billed Curlew.  Also present were two sleeping Greater
Yellowlegs, one American White Pelican and ten Western Grebes.  Sad to
say, I saw the fishing apparatus laden Osprey from Lagerman Reservoir
at Pella Crossing; it was heading south towards Lagerman Reservoir.
Later on, at Lagerman Reservoir, I saw the same Osprey, on it's nest.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Boulder, CO