I spent today birding in Custer Co. and had my first multiple warbler
species day (six) of the year.  The highlight was a KENTUCKY  WARBLER found in
the willow thicket below the dam at DeWeese Res.   This thicket is almost
impenetrable but I was able to see birds moving around in  it by looking down
from the cliff above it.  Besides the KEWA,  there were a dozen or so
Yellow-rumps, a couple of Wilson Warblers and a FOY C.  Yellowthoat here.  This
spot has produced several real gems in the past few  years and it's a good
place to check out during warbler migration.

The reservoir is full and there is little exposed shoreline.
Shorebirdwise there was a Spotted Sandpiper, an Avocet and several Wilson
Phalaropes.
Hundreds of ducks but nothing unusual.

Rich Miller
Canon City