COBirders-

Just a reminder that the 28th Annual Spring Bird Counts will be this
weekend (see list below).  I will be coordinating the Cherry Creek State  Park
count on MONDAY May 11.  There are no fees or pre-registration  requirements
(however, some counts require a State Parks  Pass).

For the Cherry Creek Count we will meet at the Marina (near the west end
park entrance) at 6:30 AM on Monday May 11.  You can plan on joining us for
a few hours in the AM or for the whole day.  For those of you that stick it
out for most of the day -- I will host a post-count gathering at a local
Mexican  restaurant (yes, you can consider this bribery -- there will be free
food  and beverages).  If you think you might be able to participate in the
count, please try and notify Allison Hilf in advance at (303) 888 5110 (or
at _ah...@aol.com)._ (mailto:ah...@aol.com).)

Here is a complete list of the Spring Counts:

Saturday, May 9
Barr Lake periphery
Leader: Jackie King,  303-287-1644. Meet at 0730 on access road to entrance
station at Barr Lake State  Park. This trip does not involve much walking
-- good for people with limited  mobility or stamina.

Chatfield State Park
Leader, Joey Kellner, 303-978-1748. Meet at  0600 at West (Deer Creek)
entrance to park. State Parks Pass required.

Waterton, downstream. 4-5 mile hike. Wear long pants (not shorts) due  to
bare-leg-unfriendly plants such as poison ivy, thistles, and knapweed.
Leader: Hugh Kingery, 303-814-2723. Meet at 0600 at Audubon Center/Discovery
Pavilion (left turn immediately after turning from Wadsworth (Colo. 121) onto
Waterton\Roxborough road (4.4 miles south of C470) and before the DOW
parking  lot for Waterton Canyon)

Barr Lake State Park
Leader: Charlie Chase (720-690-4341) _charlie.ch...@ef-den.org_
(mailto:charlie.ch...@ef-den.org) , Call leader  if you plan to go. Meet at
0600 at
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory. Exit I-76 at  Bromley Lane; go east about ¼
mile and turn right (south) on Lark Bunting Lane,  to end of road. This is a
ten-mile, all-day hike around the lake. State Parks  pass required.

Sunday, May 10
Lower Bear Creek
Leader: Mike Henwood  (720-570-5070) <_hawk...@aol.com_
(mailto:hawk...@aol.com) . New  meeting place: Meet at 0600 at parking lot on
Morrison Road at
C470, northwest  corner, next to the Conoco station.

Castlewood Canyon State Park
Leader: Randy Lentz, 303-680-3381. Meet at  0630 at old entrance. From CO
86, 0.5 miles west of Franktown, turn south on  Castlewood Canyon Road, go
two miles to old entrance. State Parks pass  required.

Rocky Mountain Arsenal
Leader: Urling Kingery, 303-814-2723. Must  register with leader in advance.

Monday, May 11
Cherry Creek Reservoir
Leader: Allison Hilf,  303-888-5110. Meet at 0630 at the Marina on west
side (near Cherry Creek High  School) in Cherry Creek State Park. State Parks
pass required.

Thanks,

Allison  Hilf
Denver, CO