Hi all,

At 5:15 pm, we went to Sonderman Park, Colorado Springs.

We arrived and there was a large flock of Bullock's Orioles and Western
Tanagers moving through the canopy.  There were at least 30 birds moving
through the large willows and then the cottonwoods along the creek.  There was
a nice male Rose-breasted Grosbeak mixed in.  We re-found the male American
Redstart and MacGillivray's Warbler reported by Scott Shaum (near the picnic
table at the intersection of Mesa Valley and Bluestem trails).  We did not
refind the Tennessee Warbler from earlier.  There was a small flock of
Clay-colored Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows, and Swainson's Thrushes on the
ground.

In the end, we had the tanagers and orioles overhead in the canopy, the
sparrows and thrushes on the ground, and a flock of warblers (Yellow-rumped,
Yellow, Orange-crowned) in the mid-story.

Good birding,

Kara Lewantowicz
Colorado Springs, CO