This morning, not long after 7 a.m., I had a White-eyed Vireo at Sondermann
Park in Colorado Springs. I saw it well, and it was actively calling, in the
dense thickets near where the Lilac and Mesa Valley Connection Trails meet.

A White-eyed Vireo was previously found in this location in May of 2004 by Kaye
Lafreniere.

Otherwise, I found little notable in the park this morning. There was no
evidence of the pulse of migrants that had been moving through the park this
past weekend. Maybe it was simply too early; but the breeders were already
quite active.

Good birding,
Allan Burns
west side of Colorado Springs