This morning I had a white-winged dove fly across the street in front of me in
Delta and land on a house, where it posed for a couple photos.  The house is
immediately west of the Delta County work release center, a couple blocks south
of Confluence Park.  I suspect it roams the town with the dozens of mourning
and EC doves I see around.

Photo:  http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/Paoniabirds/P1060977lc.jpg

Also at Confluence at lunchtime and briefly after 5pm was a semipalmated
plover.  No photo of that one, though I tried.  Two avocets and one pelican
rounded out the thin bird life on the main lake.

Dennis Garrison
Paonia/Delta County (Cortez/Montezuma this weekend)