Hello Cobirds,
Sol Miller and I birded Crow Valley, Prewitt, and Bebee Draw today (5/25).
Our first stop was Crow Valley (Weld County), which for the most part was
fairly slow. Some of the interesting birds we saw were a calling Alder
Flycatcher, an adult male Black-throated Blue Warbler, and a western Veery.
Prewitt Reservoir (Washington County) on the other hand was very birdy. The
interesting birds that we had below the dam was an adult male Blackburnian
Warbler (singing), an adult male Northern Parula (singing), 3 American
Redstarts (2 young males (singing) and a female), a Red-eyed Vireo, a male
Baltimore Oriole (singing), and a female Summer Tanager.
There wasn't anything of note on the reservoir. Then we went to the inlet
canal. The most interesting birds were 1 Olive-sided Flycatcher, 1 Great
Crested Flycatcher, and an interesting warbler singing a high pitched song
(either Bay-breasted, Cape May, or Blackburnian). We looked for a while trying
to find the bird, but we couldn't find it.
Then our final stop was Bebee Draw area (Weld County). While watching an
American Bittern singing on County Road 48 we noticed an interesting cormorant
flying towards us from the north which we were quickly able to turn into a
Neotropic, this is presumably the same bird found at Lower Latham on the 19th.
Cole Wild
Loveland