From: Betsy Rumely <esrum...@aol.com>
Subject: [cobirds] two different species tending one nest?
To: cobirds@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, June 5, 2009, 11:34 PM

At my friends' home this evening in Genesee, I couldn't believe it, but to a
hole in the trunk of a Ponderosa Pine, there were both a pair of pygmy
nuthatches and a pair of western bluebirds bringing food. The nuthatches were
much more in attendance, but they would defer when the bluebirds would show up,
and each bluebird would take a turn apparently disgorging food to nestlings in
the bole.
Could this be possible?  I watched for at least an hour and a half, but I still
can't quite believe it.

Betsy Rumely

What can an email address say about you? Find out here.