I saw what I have been looking for for many years - a small herd of Cattle
Egrets in Washington County. Drive NE on I-76 past Brush and take the
Merino  exit. Go NE on Highway 6 and about a mile before the main entrance to
Prewitt  Reservoir look on the right for a cow. If there is a small white thing
near a  cow, look more closely. There were a dozen Cattle Egrets. I'd be
interested if  someone refinds them, as they could breed there - the habitat
is perfect. It is  a little late for spring migration and early for the usual
late summer "staging"  that they do.

Also of interest to me was what I thought was the song of a "Solitary,"
probably Plumbeous type Vireo from a treetop (unseen) persistent  singer in
the far southwest corner of the Haxtun, Colorado (Phillips County),  city
park. It never seemed to move, and I could not see it. The homeowner next  door
says that it has been singing from the tree loudly for weeks and seems to
"counter-sing" with his Parakeet, much to the frustration of all three.
"Solitary" Vireos are not supposed to breed on the far eastern plains, but the
song had a "raspy" or "burry" quality, different from a Red-eyed Vireo, I
thought, also rare out there, but more expected. I hope that someone can see
it  or tape it and help me with the ID.

Joe Roller, Denver

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377042x1201454362/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun