Spent some time today around Boulder. I started out today at Marshal Valley
Trail to see if the NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRDs were still around that Joce reported
yesterday. I found a singing bird at the top of the trail where it meets with
the community ditch. SPOTTED TOWHEEs were by far the most numerous bird out
there this morning. Complete list below.

I then headed to the open space west of Lefthand Valley Res. to try and find
the CASSIN'S SPARROWs reported awhile back. Walking into the open space a small
group of CHIPPING SPARROWs (TED) were in the drainage north of the access road.
There were also quite a few LARK SPARROWs in the area. After walking in to the
trail that runs north/south I walked through the field to see if I could scare
up any rattlesnales, no luck. I did however find at least two singing Cassin's
Sparrows larking in the thisltes on the way back to the car.

Todd Deininger
Longmont, CO

Birds at Marshall Valley Trail

Mourning Dove