Today Tom Wilberding, Foxy ( http://picasaweb.google.com/blueskyhapkido/Foxy )
and I headed up to Rollins pass from the Gilpin Co. side. We drove up Rollins
Pass Road as far is possible, parked and hiked up to the tunnel. We hiked
around the tunnel and headed towards Rollins Pass. Being our first trip up
there, Tom wanted to hike over and see Winter Park. We headed up the hill to
look over the edge and saw the road we drove up. Next we headed west. Good call
by Tom. As we were hiking towards the pass, about ten feet in front of us Foxy
flushed a WHITE-TAILED PTARMIGAN and then promtly ignored it becasue it wasn't
a Yellow-bellied Marmot or a Pika. We then tried to get a few pics of the bird
before moving on to the pass. (
http://picasaweb.google.com/blueskyhapkido/WhiteTailedPtarmigan_RollinsPass_Gilpin_Deininger_06Aug2009
 )

I took a waypoint of the spot we saw the WTPT and tried to pin point it on a
map. If I changed my Lat/Long to the proper decimal, the WTPT flew from Gilpin
Co. into Boulder Co. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Below is our list from Rollins Pass area.

Todd Deininger
Longmont, CO

White-tailed Ptarmigan
Broad-tailed Hummingbird*