Dad and I found a black phoebe foraging along the Mancos River today where J
road crosses the river not far west of the town of Mancos.  It was downstream
(south) of the bridge about 50 meters, chasing a mayfly hatch.

We also saw a pair of purple martins flying over the road to Joe Moore
Reservoir where it goes past the NW corner of Bauer Reservoir.  They didn't
stop, were headed up the hill.  Also a family of blue-winged teal in a pond
just north of there.  Lots of the usual birds around, even with the high winds.
 Did not see the sandhill cranes Suzy found a while back.

Dennis Garrison