Hello all,

I just wanted to tell about a very very large Osprey nest I saw in
Silverthorne.  The nest is along Highway 9 (AKA Blue River Pkwy) as
you drive North towards the golf course, near Golden Eagle Rd.  It
sits on top of a power pole on the west side of the road, and is very
obvious as it sits around 3 to 4 feet tall and is nearly that big
across.  Yesterday, (Monday) I witnessed 3 Ospreys feeding on the nest
at about 2:30PM.  The nest is noteworthy due to the immensity of it.
I'm sure birders in the area are aware of it, but I just wanted more
birders to be able to see this.  Does anyone know the history of this
nest?  How many years has it been used, and has it housed different
species of raptors in past years?  I think that it is the largest bird
nest I have ever seen! Thanks!

Matt Webb
Fort Collins, CO