a few migrants of note the past few days.

Western Tanager, at least one per day for roughly the last week.

Calliope Hummingbird -- finally saw a female yesterday.

Broad-tailed Hummingbird -- many continue, about 20-30 visiting feeders in
morning, mostly young birds and females, but at least two adult males.

Lazuli Bunting -- one ratty looking male (adult?) on saturday morning

Black-headed Grosbeak -- several young and adult birds of both sexes were daily
until today...

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  -- today, one on the move outside of normal breeding
habitat

Virginia's Warbler -- ditto

Unknown Empidonax flycatcher -- landed in a tree at about 20 yds but by the
time I got my binoculars, it was gone.

Red-breasted Nuthatch -- seen heard almost daily for over a week now

Chipping Sparrow -- small flocks of 2-10 birds have been coming through for
some time now.  today however was the first major movement I've seen
this fall.   at least 200 birds flew over the yard this morning in about 10
minutes, again in small loose flocks

Last week there was a flock of about 100 magpies roaming the area.  mostly
dining on grasshopper I presume, as they would move around the grassland like a
flock of starlings.  A little scary when they would come in to my water feature.

Haven't seen an oriole in over a week.  kingbirds are also gone.  as are most
of the migrant breeders for that matter.

Arvind Panjabi
5700' feet, Larimer County, CO
On the north slope of Milner Mtn
Mountain mahogany shrubland and grassland